Reestit Mutton

Default bathroom sealant

Hi,

I've recently renewed the sealant in my bathroom as the old stuff was
covered in mould.

However, although I filled the bath with water before using the sealant
and left it for almost 24 hours before emptying it and using the
over-bath shower, it seems that every time weight is applied to the
bath, a large open crack appears in the sealant.

Similarly, when I run my finger along the sealant above the sink that
was renewed a few days earlier, bits of it come away on my finger.

Should I have left the bath sealant a lot longer before emptying the
bath and using the over-bath shower (it *seemed* dry to me) or is it
possible that the sealant (although advertised as for kitchens and
bathrooms) is just plain rubbish? - It was a B&Q branded sealant.

FWIW, both areas were stripped of the old sealant, cleaned and dried
before the new sealant was applied.

cheers,
RM

--
unlocking Nokia and SonyEricsson phones in the Edinburgh area
email: reestit_mutton AT lauriem DOT plus DOT com