Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulics problem

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 08:16:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:42:40 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

If MS would keep updating it, I'd much prefer to stick with XP,
which
I still view as MicroSloth's peak in the Windows world. sigh But
now that they aren't updating, virii are a much larger problem.

I ran XP without any updates from March 2013 to March 2014 and had no
problems. AVG caught a few things it didn't like.

I make Seagate Disk Wizard backups of C: to DVD-DLs that can be booted
and restored from a read-only DVD drive. A virus would have to hide in
the BIOS or a peripheral to get back in after that, since I don't
network my on-line PC to the others, and the strict restrictions on
the account I browse with make that difficult.
jsw

I should mention that if you go to the Windows Update pages..ALL...ALL
the XP updates are still there and are freely available.

And in fact..I updated a computer here last week (put a machine
together for the grand daughter) that Id not entered ID or MS code
on..and it updated everything nicely.

So I doubt..though dont know..that all those bootlegged copies are now
possible to be updated

Gunner

Correction..it appears that even bootleg copies can now be updated.

Sigh..getting ready to head south.

Gunner

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"