Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Is it true that Fathers Day is not really celebrated by AfricanAmericans?

On Monday, June 16, 2014 2:29:29 PM UTC-7, nestork wrote:
Here in Canada, the drunken rampent and often violent sex amongst

teenagers and adults on native reservations has been made into a joke:

Q: What's the definition of "uncertainty"?

A: Father's Day on a native reservation.

Father's Day bad-speak aside, US also has undesirable conditions on reservations and lack of opportunity OFF the reservations.

ANY TIME you destroy a native culture as ruthlessly and heartlessly as US (maybe also Canada?) destroyed the Indians/Native Americans/aboriginal peoples/First Nations, there will be consequences.

I am a Polar freak; deeply read in Arctic and Antarctic exploration; have traveled to both ends of the earth; my dream before I shuffle off this mortal coil, is to stand at both Poles. (But will have to "stand" at North Pole in a boat; the ice will be gone.)

Speaking of destroying native cultures: The ruthless, heartless destruction of the Antarctic Polar peoples is almost beyond belief. Just finished yet another book on the subject: "The Empire of Ice" by Gretel Erlich, about the effects of missionaries, White diseases, and global warming on peoples who lived for 10,000 years in a well-understood cycle based on ice. Now are as lost as the American (and Canadian) Indians.

HB