Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Hydraulics problem

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 07:26:03 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I did. Earthlink dropped out twice last night after downloading
20-30MB. This morning I lost them while browsing, but BasicISP is
fine. However their 4-hour timeout limits downloads to about 65MB.
Neither of them is completely reliable here, nor is the cellular
service.

Jim, use wget:

https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/

http://wget.addictivecode.org/Freque...Faq# download

I'm using Linux now but the Windows binaries always worked fine for me.

This will let you download partial files and automatically restart
downloads when the server drops a connection. I tested Iggy's
server/file and it does allow you to stop/restart downloads. Not all
servers are set up that way though.

Try taking the partial download you currently have and while having a
Windows command prompt open in that directory type:

wget -c http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Vicke...ics-Manual.pdf

=== from wgets manual
-c
--continue
Continue getting a partially-downloaded file. This is
useful when you want to finish up a download started by a previous
instance of Wget, or by another program. For instance:

wget -c ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/ls-lR.Z

If there is a file named ls-lR.Z in the current directory,
Wget will assume that it is the first portion of the remote file, and
will ask the server to continue the retrieval from an offset equal to
the length of the local file.

Note that you don't need to specify this option if you just
want the current invocation of Wget to retry downloading a file should
the connection be lost midway through. This is the default behavior.
-c only affects resumption of downloads started prior to this
invocation of Wget, and whose local files are still sitting around.

Without -c, the previous example would just download the
remote file to ls-lR.Z.1, leaving the truncated ls-lR.Z file alone...
===

Trust me, give it a whirl ;-)

--
Leon Fisk