nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe DeLoughan View Post
You aren't familiar with how these scams work? The sucker replies back
to claim his/her prize, at which point the scammer tells them there's
a processing or handling fee involved, and asks for a credit card or
bank account number.
Stop right there ! ! !

At that point, 99.9 percent of confirmed suckers would realize they're being duped. As long as they have to pay ANYTHING to get the money they're supposedly legally entitled to, they'll stop responding to this guy.

But, maybe it's that remaining 0.1 percent that make the scam worthwhile.

Quote:
Sucker obliges - and the scammer has what he wanted. Bonus for scammer: confirmed valid email of a confirmed sucker - which is worth a little bit of money to other scammers, who are also looking for the suckers.
STOP again. At that point, 99.9 percent of the confirmed suckers from Phase 1 of the scam are going to avoid contact with anyone promising a lot of money in return for a little bit.

I think it would be easier to make my money collecting returnable glass bottles and aluminum cans... or maybe get a paper route.