Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default OT Google World Cup

On 16/06/2014 18:48, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
stuart noble writes:
Is it just me or have the Google servers collapsed under the weight of
World Cup activity? Most other things seem to be ok but even getting a
map to load takes an age. Maybe the Americans don't understand the
worldwide football fever.

More likely to be your ISP or their peering, with the extra streaming
traffic.

Don't think so. Everything else seems to be running normally but
anything Google related is down a lot of the time. Other user accounts
and other machines the same. GMail unusable etc. It'll pass I guess