Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default My wife got richer...

On 6/15/2014 10:12 PM, nestork wrote:
Oren:

I'm presuming you're just being facetious because you got an e-mail
telling you that you've won a million dollars. All you have to do is
e-mail some guy in the Netherlands to confirm it's a valid e-mail
address, and then you start getting a hundred spam messages a day in
your inbox.

But, I'm having trouble understanding what this cwn1.nl.rogers.com's
motivation would be in receiving all these e-mails from people all over
the world (or I expect that's the extent of it). The only thing that
makes sense to me is that he's a spammer trying to build an e-mail
database to spam.

Or, do you see any other motivation here?

You aren't familiar with how these scams work? The sucker replies back
to claim his/her prize, at which point the scammer tells them there's
a processing or handling fee involved, and asks for a credit card or
bank account number. Sucker obliges - and the scammer has what he
wanted. Bonus for scammer: confirmed valid email of a confirmed sucker
- which is worth a little bit of money to other scammers, who are also
looking for the suckers.