Posted to alt.home.repair
BillyBobT[_2_] BillyBobT[_2_] is offline

Default Is it true that Fathers Day is not really celebrated by African Americans?

Bill Cosby "Bill.Cosby"@We cant blame white people any.longer wrote in
:

Higgs Boson wrote:

This is not about greeting cards and merchandise, ...
This came across to me as a sly slap at Black families. Didn't
ANYBODY pick up on the vile aspersions cast on Black families?

You seem surprised that those that responded are as dumb as a sack of
hammers.

But even you missed the point.

ANYBODY pick up on the vile aspersions cast on Black families?

Black families?

That's hillarious.

To have a family, a real family - you need a father. And in any given
black household, what you will usually not find is - a father (or -
"the" father).

Hence the idea that "Father's Day" in the African American community is
a strange concept.

vile aspersions

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Go look up the numbers for yourself.

+1 on that. It's my understanding that black "families" do make a big deal
of mother's day and also have a "WhoDat" day instead of Father's Day. You
know: Moma, who dat man in yo bed?