Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default My wife got richer...

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 05:12:16 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Oren:

I'm presuming you're just being facetious because you got an e-mail
telling you that you've won a million dollars. All you have to do is
e-mail some guy in the Netherlands to confirm it's a valid e-mail
address, and then you start getting a hundred spam messages a day in
your inbox.

But, I'm having trouble understanding what this cwn1.nl.rogers.com's
motivation would be in receiving all these e-mails from people all over
the world (or I expect that's the extent of it). The only thing that
makes sense to me is that he's a spammer trying to build an e-mail
database to spam.

Or, do you see any other motivation here?

Later he'll want money.

Once people make up their mind to buy something, or in this case to get
something, they'll still want it even in the face or problems. So if
they have to plunk down 2000 dollars to get their half milion pounds,
it's clearly worth it.

This thread is soon to sink into the quick sand below. Can you confirm
that you did or didn't win any money before it goes under?