Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulics problem

On 2014-06-15, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

UPDATE: The download was a bust. It never finished. I'm trying
again now, but it isn't showing any initial pages yet. I think
there's something wrong with the file, Ig.

When I got up to check at 3AM it had "finished" downloading 65MB, not
the promised 87MB. Neither Foxit 6 in XP nor Adobe X in W7 will open
it, both say it's corrupted. Firefox shows a black screen without
scroll bars and the message "This PDF document might not be displayed
correctly."

First try download was 8m 23s with "wget". Displays fine with
"xpdf". Same with Acrobat reader. *But* you need to get the whole file
before it will work. I think that PDF puts some critical information at
the end of the file, so if you don't get it all, you can't view it. 87
MB is the short form, the actual byte count was 91,265,098.

I think that you need to re-try -- and maybe you'll get a better
routing this time.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--