Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any EDUCATED guess on the weight of this printing press?

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:31:03 -0500, Ignoramus7881

On 2014-06-13, azotic wrote:

"Ignoramus7881" wrote in message
The sections are mounted on raised concrete pads, they will not skate
safely.

I have very nice counterweights.

Are the big roller drums on the lower part, solid or hollow?

They cylinders were hollow.

Maybe you could lower onto some scates with some enerpac
low profile cylinders, or fabricate a cradle using hydraulics for
lifting and solid rods for the wheels. How far is the exit and

I can drive a forklift between the concrete pads (which support the
sides of the press).

The press supposedly comes apart.

Of course it does. It needs regular maintenance, so it probably has
some built-in lift eyes for the drums and other heavy goodies inside.
I've only worked on an old Lithograph 1250, but the couple dozen
computerized monsters I saw at the Gutenberg Convention in Long Beach
(many moons ago) were ten times its size, and portable enough to move,
get running perfectly, and remove in under a week.

Pop the sheetmetal and you'll get a much better idea of how to do
this.

--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is
a good American.* The only man who is a good American is