Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Squeaky hardwood floor solved?

On Friday, June 13, 2014 7:19:44 PM UTC-7, Tekkie® wrote:
Higgs Boson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

BAKING SODA!!!!

(oops...musta hit Send..)

Whoinhellwouldathought baking soda would work!!!!

I strewed it over trial area that squeaks worst; mooshed it sideways into cracks, spread carpet over it and mooshed around some more.

SQUEAK LESSENED!!!

Figures, when you think of it, which I did not; it fills cracks between old hardwood strips to keep them from rubbing against each other. Now will expand treatment to most-trodden areas -- "paths" that one follows from room to room -- and see how long treatment lasts.

Joy to the world!!!!

HB

Measure with your amp and headphones! I am sorry Higgy but I could not

resist...

No prob, Tekkie..I could use a little humor at this point. When I wear my hearing aids, the floor creaking is beyond belief. Bet it would blow the amp & headphones g.

It doesn't look like the baking soda will do it, long-term, so I have to gear up to do the drill w/tiny bit, screw that break off head, fill holes. Courtesy of a couple of NG members and Web sites. Thanks, guys.

I hate the damn hearing aids, but the audiologist said they would "reprogram" my brain after a year, so the noise volume isn't so startling. Au contraire, I'm losing the few marbles I had left vbg

HB