Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulics problem

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:42:50 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Over 30 years

ago I used to repair gear pumps in a lumbermill I worked in by

grinding the end plates of the pumps to remove scoring. But I don't

know how much more pressure the pumps put out after this repair, it

was just what I was told to do and I did it a lot. Considering the age

of the tractor I'm wondering if I might just be better off buying a

new pump and also if there is somwhere else I should look for the

lowered power of the hydraulics. The power loss has been gradual over

the years so I'm thinking it's probably the pump.

Thanks,

Eric

I have no experience, but figure whoever was in charge of the lumbermill did. So I would grind the end plates to remove the scoring and see if that improved it enough for the use you give it.

Dan