Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Spontaneous shattering of double glazed panels

On Sat, 24 May 2014 13:08:03 +0100
Davey wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2014 13:00:19 +0100
Davey wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2014 07:46:05 -0400
S Viemeister wrote:

On 5/24/2014 7:05 AM, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2014 21:37:49 -0400
S Viemeister wrote:

On 5/23/2014 7:34 PM, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2014 19:27:15 -0400
S Viemeister wrote:

On 5/23/2014 7:16 PM, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2014 21:28:18 +0100
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 23/05/2014 14:34, Johny B Good wrote:
trucks --- for the benefit of any confused
americans
It's not as if we're talking about carts and trolleys.
AFAIK lorry only has one meaning.
True, but it is not in the American dictionary. Nor is
'fortnight'. Nor is 'twice', unbelievably.

Which American dictionary have you consulted?

The verbal one of living there for 30 years.

Michigan must be more backward than the east coast.

I lived and worked in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, New Jersey, New
York, Illinois, Minnesota, California, Tennessee, Georgia,
Kentucky, Maine, Connecticut, Virginia, North and South
Carolinas, and maybe more, and visited many more. In none of
them were the words 'fortnight' or 'twice' ever used
voluntarily by any American I met, and if I used them, I got
asked what I meant when using them.

snip

Was watching 'Homes under the Hammer' today, and there was this
American young lady on, and lo! and behold, she came out with 'two
times' instead of twice, all on her own.

--
Davey.