Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Adding vibration to lathe cutting tool to aid cutting

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:32:46 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I incident I wish was recorded was my boss showing me a sensitive
and
expensive microwave Active Mixer he wanted in the circuit. He was
holding it between thumb and forefinger when he pointed with it to
the
schematic on the large CAD CRT, which had built up quite a charge on
its front surface.

ZAP!--OH ****!

Har! Did he kill it?

We had to assume so, since to test it we would have had to solder it
on the board along with all the other expensive parts, and didn't have
the hot air rework station to properly remove them. The board was a
special low-loss material for 1GHz controlled-impedance circuits,
with unknown desoldering properties, similar to the material used in
oscilloscope inputs.