Marshall Gorrow

Default Best Way To Remove Bowl????

For removing the bowl from a "paper joint", I have a stiff putty knife that
has a double bevel ground on the end. Just line it up on the paper and give
it a good wack with a carver's mallet. Wide bench chisels can be used but
the slingle bevel will sometimes cause it to "dig in" if you are not
careful. Scrape the paper and glue away with a cabinet scraper or reverse it
in a compression chuck or vacuum chuck and turn the base. Glue and paper
will load sandpaper very quickly.

--
Marshall Gorrow
Hogansburg, NY USA
"Go NY Giants They Stink, Go Anyway!!" wrote in message
I have turned my first bowl and would appreciate advice on how to remove
it from the wooden block it's glued to. I mounted a wood block on my
face plate, and using tightbond glue, attached my blank to it with a
brown paper bag between the block and the blank. Being it's my first
bowl, I dont want to mess it up now, especially because it came out
quite well. Will a good tug free it or should I use my parting tool to
seperate it?? If I do use the parting tool should I remove the
slightest amount of the bowl bottom, or leave the slightest amount of
the block on the bowl and some how sand the block off???? Your advice
is greatly appreciated.

STEMO