Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Adding vibration to lathe cutting tool to aid cutting

"Jim Wilkins" on Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:32:46
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:34:05 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

A steady stream of Bozons cycled through the job of Production
misManager. The nameplate by the door was a chalkboard.

The interview test was to have them pick up a screwdriver.
Grabbing
the blade end qualified them for management.

The next test was with a hot soldering iron. The ones that
picked it
up my the element were qualified for upper management.

You have -videos- of this, I hope? vbg

I incident I wish was recorded was my boss showing me a sensitive and
expensive microwave Active Mixer he wanted in the circuit. He was
holding it between thumb and forefinger when he pointed with it to the
schematic on the large CAD CRT, which had built up quite a charge on
its front surface.

ZAP!--OH ****!

I was concerned that the engineers would pick up the hot end of an
iron left out of its holder. Upper management wouldn't recognize it as
a tool.

"Doesn't take me long to inspect an iron."

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich