Gerald Ross

Default Best Way To Remove Bowl????

8 or 10 inches. I can't detect any movement. My mounting blocks have a
smaller block glued on so they fit in my chuck. I have a hole drilled in
the center so I can center the block on a mark on the piece to be
turned. I did a lot of coasters for the family last Christmas.

Martin Rost wrote:

Hi Gerald,
I have used double sided tape with good results, but I've always used the
thin stuff. I'm just wondering, the foam tape doesn't give or move while
turning? By give I'm thinking small amount maybe 1/64". What size bowls do
you mount this way?
Martin

Gerald Ross wrote in message
First, I have never used glue so can't help you on this one. I have
always used double sided foam mounting tape (3M) and it releases with a
slow pull. I tried a cheaper tape from WalMart and it still holds the
same, but rips apart on removal so it is harder to remove from the block
and the bowl. The green plaid tape will pull off in one piece.

"Go NY Giants They Stink, Go Anyway!!" wrote:

I have turned my first bowl and would appreciate advice on how to remove
it from the wooden block it's glued to. I mounted a wood block on my
face plate, and using tightbond glue, attached my blank to it with a
brown paper bag between the block and the blank. Being it's my first
bowl, I dont want to mess it up now, especially because it came out
quite well. Will a good tug free it or should I use my parting tool to
seperate it?? If I do use the parting tool should I remove the
slightest amount of the bowl bottom, or leave the slightest amount of
the block on the bowl and some how sand the block off???? Your advice
is greatly appreciated.

STEMO

--

Gerald Ross