Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

On 09/06/2014 09:48, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 9 Jun 2014 07:03:29 GMT, Huge wrote:

we get rather spoiled.

Not sure I'd like that much noise. We get fast jets through here
close enough to see the pilots at times. They are loud but up, past
and gone in less than a minuet. Chinooks just make the windows
rattle, Black Hawks nervous, having no real requirement to be
streamlined, they just look like the killing machines they are.

I was in a friends back garden a couple of years back and a pair of
Apache gunships flew over...

I really would not want to be anywhere near those when they are doing
what they are designed for. Not only do they look evil, they well and
truly sound it as well! I can quite understand why your average Afghani
insurgent would loathe them so much.

--
Cheers,

John.