Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

On 10/06/2014 08:20, Lobster wrote:
On 09 Jun 2014, bert ] grunted:

In message , Huge
writes
I used to fly to Copenhagen every Wednesday morning from Heathrow and
more often than not the aircraft in front of us was the morning
Concord flight to Washington. When he opened the taps for takeoff,
everything in our aircraft rattled & on a couple of occasions some of
the overhead lockers fell open. As he accelerated away down the runway
you could see two things, one impressive - into the exhausts of the
engines, the mouth of Hell, one less so - the huge plume of filth the
thing chucked out the back.

Fantastic plane. Flew back from Monaco Grand Prix from Nice - just
before it crashed. Same pilot.

Yep, I went on it once too. Got to sit in seat 1A - the Queen's seat - and
even got a full tour of the cockpit as well...

I only ever walked through the one at Ducksford... seem to recall it was
tiny inside - I could not even stand properly in the isle!

...would have been even better if we'd been in the air, rather than at
Manchester Airport Aviation Park.

--
Cheers,

John.