Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jabba Jabba is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

Old Git scribbled...

Seems to me he was just cautious. Lose a carrier and it would have been
game over.

Our carriers involved in the Falklands do were very well protected
aand it was down to their anti-missile systems that that took out the
Atlantic Conveyor. The exocet was on its way to one of the carriers
whose anti-missile system went into action and drew the exocet away.
Unfortunately, when the exocet passed through the defence, the next
thing it saw was the Atlantic Conveyor. From that moment its fate was
sealed.

Bit of a ****er, as many wanted it to hit the copter being driven by HRH
Andrew the Arsehole.

I know this because I was in the RN at the time and privy to a great
deal of info. Later, on leaving the service, I lectured in
anti-missile decoy Tactics and equipment usage.