Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Cherry picker, but pole, not platform!

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:40:05 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

On 10/06/2014 10:23, MM wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 08:42:41 +0000 (UTC),
(D.M.Chapman) wrote:

In article ,
MM wrote:
I've tried Googling, but "cherry picker" only finds hits for the
elevated platform style. What I want is a pole with a cutting device
and a little sack underneath to catch the cherries, as they'll soon be
ready to pick.

Or could I make one somehow, maybe using a tree lopper, which I have
already, on a long pole.

Not cheap but...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003ZT7W2M/

Ah, yes, as you say, not cheap, but is just the kind of tool I was
envisaging -- until I found the Instructables (see my earlier reply in
the thread).

MM

Do outdoor cherries ripen in your neck of the woods? They don't seem to
here in SE, not unless we have a flaming June

Mine do! In south Lincolnshire, that is. I planted the tree (£7.99
from Aldi) about 7 years ago and for three years now I've had had an
abundant crop or really sweet, plump cherries. Biggest problem is
keeping the ruddy blackbirds off them.

MM