Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Squeaky hardwood floor

Higgs Boson wrote:
I am getting static from other occupant about squeaky hardwood floor in
hall, through which I must constantly pass.

He's light sleeper; won't use ear plugs; I have to do ***something.***

This is an old So. Calif. stucco house. Crawl space -- no basement.

I just read up on this squeaky hardwood problem, but my days of getting
under there with the black widow spiders are over.

This one is from on top.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5704292_fix-...od-floors.html

There's also a site that suggests sprinkling baking soda down the cracks.
Anybody tried this?

Would welcome any experience.

HB

I've used nails, shims on top of joists, and finishing a floor with coats
of polyurethane. Never tried screws.

Greg