Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

charles wrote in
:

The engines for the Vulcan were developed long before Concorde was even
thought of. There was one Vulcan which was adapted as a test bed for
Concorde engines, though, One engine on one side of the plane instead of
the usual two. In the same way that there was a Shackelton with a Vulcan
engine underneath the fuselage, flying out of Bitteswell in the 1950s.

Correct.(But I thought the Concorde Engine was under the bomb bay for
flight testing)
The Vulcan and the Victor were also used to carry our nuclear deterrant -
the Blue Steel Missile.
The missile (there were over 50 of them) carried a nuclear warhead. They
were an air launced cruise missile with a guidance system that used valves
(it predated the invention of the transistor)