Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

Robin wrote:
We had a CCF camp at RAF Waddington in the 1960s when it was home to the
nuclear deterrent Vulcans. One was loud but a flight taking off on one
of the quick-response exercises was awesome. But not as awesome as
sitting in the rear gunner's turret of the last flying Lancaster.

Living on the flightpath for both Cambridge Airport (home of unusual
maintenance contracts like RAF Tristars) and IWM Duxford, we get rather
spoiled. Last week sitting in the garden it was the Red Arrows in full
display mode, the week before it was the only B17 Flying Fortress in Europe,
doing training circuits around my house.

Theo