Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis Davis Dennis Davis is offline

Default OT The Vulcan Bomber

In article ,

Wasn't their last active flying to the Falklands or have I
misremembered that?

It was one of their missions - and they totally failed in that
one other than for moral purposes:-(

not quite true. Read the wiki page on "Operation Black Buck"

wiki is as reliable as harry

Possibly, I'd rather trust the book -- Vulcan 607 by Rowland White
-- chronicling the Falklands mission. I found it a very interesting
read.

Don't forget the Vulcan fleet was being wound down and was within a
few months of being scrapped at the time of the Falklands raid. So
it was certainly something of an achievement to bring the fleet back
to operational status and mount the raid.
--
Dennis Davis