Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Predictions on all the freon leaked out and need AC system replaced

On 6/4/2014 9:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:52:30 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Not heard a word. In most cases, that means it's
fine. People usually only phone if there is a problem.

IDK where it;s located, but many places there hasn't been
a real need for AC yet. I haven't had mine on yet this year. So, maybe they haven't run it since you left.

Friday June 6, 2014, I called to ask. I got a reply voice mail saying it
wasn't working all that well.

Saturday June 7, I went out and put the gages on.
The low side was six inches mercury below atmospheric.
This means the refrigerant leaked out, and it's a
high pressure side leak. I'm going to return monday
and put a little in. Close the service valves. Return
Wednesday to see if it's leaking from the indoor or
outdoor portion. Decide where to go from there.

--
..
Christopher A. Young