Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Supermarket Plastic bags

On 2014-06-04, Clive George wrote:

On 04/06/2014 18:01, Bob Minchin wrote:

So presumably you buy bin liners and put those into landfill?

We don't need bin liners. All the waste away from the kitchen is dry or
sufficiently non-icky to not be a problem. The compost bin/bucket gets
nearly all the icky stuff. A bit goes in the main kitchen bin, which
gets tipped into the wheelie bin and doesn't seem to get icky at all.

I don't know how you manage that. When we first got a reasonably
well-sealed pedal bin some years ago, I thought it could be used
baglessly, but it turned out to be a smelly mess after a while. We
have used bags since then. (And yes, I put food waste as such in the
worm bin, but icky packaging still has to go in the (bag-lined)
kitchen bin.)