Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Supermarket Plastic bags

On 2014-06-04, Clive George wrote:

On 04/06/2014 16:15, Jethro_uk wrote:

The worst are those rigid plastic moulded containers that have been heat-
sealed. You get things like strimmer reels in them. They're a menace to
open (you need a sharp knife, and hope it doesn't slip). They leave
lethally sharp edges (you could cut a throat with one), and they refuse
to be reduced in size.

Never mind the throad, it's the other hand (especially the thumb)
that's holding the packaging that I worry about. And quite often, the
products are packed so they meander around inside the plastic pack so
that it's difficult to avoid either stabbing yourself or damaging the
contents.

I know the ones you mean - it's cheap and easy to pack, and a pain to undo.

I've noticed a growing number of companies using cardboard for
packaging, and they're getting quite good with it - some pretty fancy
shapes.

Yes. Good for them --- cardboard is easy to open & easy to recycle.