Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Supermarket Plastic bags

On 04/06/2014 16:15, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 15:59:05 +0100, Tomin Dotsson wrote:

"Michael Chare" mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk wrote in message
o.uk...
The government wants to introduce a charge for plastic bags. I have
never seen the point of this, it is not as if I see lots of empty bags
lying about or on beaches.

it aint the bags that are the real problem its the excessive plastic
packaging round foodstuffs mr kipling for example

The worst are those rigid plastic moulded containers that have been heat-
sealed. You get things like strimmer reels in them. They're a menace to
open (you need a sharp knife, and hope it doesn't slip). They leave
lethally sharp edges (you could cut a throat with one), and they refuse
to be reduced in size.

I know the ones you mean - it's cheap and easy to pack, and a pain to undo.

I've noticed a growing number of companies using cardboard for
packaging, and they're getting quite good with it - some pretty fancy
shapes.