Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supermarket Plastic bags

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 16:32:02 +0100, Broadback wrote:

The bags we collect get used at least twice. Once to take goods

from
the supermarket and once as pedal bin liners.

A decent weekly shop yields over half a dozen supermarket bags. Don't
get through anything like that number of bags.

Where I live the council gives me plastic bags to put my rubbish

in. I
use two per week, one clear bag for paper etc, and one black bag

for
general rubbish.

Our council supllied bag takes us a fornight to fill. Only goes out
with the recycling collection every two weeks. All it contains is
plastic wrappings, everything else goes to recycling or the compost
heap.
We just use "Bag for Life" and take them with us to shop.

Half dozen of the check "laundry" bags a number of years ago, still
going strong and have at three or four times the capacity of a
freebie supermarket bag. As they are fairly rigid and rectangular
they sit nicely together in the boot.

I am not normally a fan of the Yanks, but why cannot our supermarkets
used paper sacks into which you can pack your shopping as they do?

No handles so no carrying 2 or 3 in each hand. The give way if they
get damp.

--
Cheers
Dave.