Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Supermarket Plastic bags

Bill Wright wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:
The government wants to introduce a charge for plastic bags. I have
never seen the point of this, it is not as if I see lots of empty bags
lying about or on beaches.

The bags we collect get used at least twice. Once to take goods from
the supermarket and once as pedal bin liners.

Where I live the council gives me plastic bags to put my rubbish in. I
use two per week, one clear bag for paper etc, and one black bag for
general rubbish. I am sure that the amount of plastic in these bags far
exceeds that in the supermarket bags.

Do we really need this legislation?

Since this idea was announced I have saved all my bags, and I have
economised on my re-use of them. I now have approx 1 trillion. I use
them for:
Bagging used incontinence products
Bagging soiled underwear on its way to the wash or the bin
Bagging mass-produced meals for freezing

Hopefully not in that order. :-)

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England