Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Predictions on all the freon leaked out and need AC system replaced

On 5/15/2014 6:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/15/2014 12:48 AM, wrote:
And no, it's not shot. But HVAC industry is full of criminals that want
to sell you a new system when the real problem is you need to change the
air filter.

That assumes the A/C company didn't ice pick the system themselves.
Was it blowing cold air before the clean and check?

I neglected to ask if he'd tried it this year. The
HO said he called for yearly maint on the system,
and they told him it was out.... and he needed to
replace the entire system. I suspect they want a
pile of money to replace a system that still can be
made to work.

It's been about 10 days since I worked on the system,
and not heard from the fellow. I will call one of these
days and ask if things are well.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus