Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default On-Off-On vs. On-None-On .

"mike" wrote in message
On 5/14/2014 3:42 PM, micky wrote:
I'm looking at the Mouser Electronics catalog, at DT rocker switches,
and I'm wondering what the difference is between

On-Off-On and On-None-On .

The second is used much less, but, suprisingly, it's used in the same
section, from the same maker, as the first is used.

A guy on the web says ""On-None-On" indicates there are only two rest
positions, making one connection or the other. " but again, the same
maker will have many other DT swtiches marked On-Off, so that's a little
hard to believe. Or is that false too, and None means the middle
position of the switch is not connected to the neon light in the switch,
but Off just means the other loads aren't connected?

I'm also wondering if there is a difference between

On-Off-(On) and On-Off-Mom ?

Mom is spring return.

As far as I have always known, so is (On) ...

Didn't we have this discussion on here a few months ago ? I seem to recall
that we didn't reach any firm conclusions except that the terms for switch
configurations that we have all known for the last 100 years or more seem to
be changing for no real reason other than the whim of certain manufacturers
?

Arfa