Leo Lichtman

Default lathe mounting height...

Bruce wrote: (clip) When I'm done, which isn't very often, I put the lathe
back on the shelf.
When I first started turning, I was using a HF knockoff of the Sears
monotube. I used it on top of our washing machine, bcause of lack of space
to put it anywhere else. When we had to do laundry, I hoisted in up to the
rafters using a block and tackle, and tied it off. I still have a couple
of 5 gal. buckets hanging from pulleys on the rafters, with various supplies
in them. My scroll saw is also hanging up there, and I lower it to the top
of the washing machine on those rare occasions when I have to use it.

There's lots of room up there--why not use it?