Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mac Davis Mac Davis is offline

Default PING Robo Hippy re shear cutting

On Sat, 31 May 2014 06:18:24 -0700, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Monday, January 21, 2008 10:08:37 AM UTC-8, TomNie wrote:
Robo
You answered the Oland Tool post with a shear cut remark.

I'm anal about a smooth, flowing finish but a find the scraper is not that
easy to just slide through a continuous cut. This could be my inexperience
trying to use that way. Further, since it's flat, I find it awkward to
bring
up enough for a shear cut.

So, I'm thinking of a way too expensive tool at Klingspor's that has a
removable curving plus flat cutter attached to a stout round bar that has
some 1/4" flat on it. Seems this could be maneuvered a lot easier.

Your thoughts? Or anybody else's?

TomNie

I'm trying to get in contact with Reed Gray regarding purchasing one of his
robo rests. Where can I find him?

FYI, your best bet it to contact him via Sawmill Creek, AAW, find him on
YouTube or have someone send you his e-mail (which I will do via e-mail,
if yours if valid).
I've had one for a couple years and really think it's worth the money

Reed is also very active on facebook.... That's been my fastest
contact with him...