Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default E10 (ethanol/ gas) and 2-cycle engines

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 May 2014 02:59:40 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher
wrote:
"Ed Huntress" writes:

The gasoline is left to sit for days, and then the operator goes
to the valve on the lowest part of the tank floor, and drains
off the water. Sometimes there is an inch, sometimes far more.
(On a 120 ft dia tank, every inch is about 7,000 gallons.) At
later stages of delivery/storage, again water is drained off.

The methonal must be injected at the tank loading point, because
otherwise it would absorbing water as fast as it could. I've
not been in the pipeline business for decades, but when I was,
that was the SOP.

You are still correct.

The startup checklist for the multifuel truck I drove in the Army
included draining the water separators. When I learned to preflight a
Cessna the instructor carried a fuel sampler tube like this to check
for water in gas drained from the wing tank.
http://www.lakeandair.com/Fuel-Sampler-p/1920.htm

jsw