Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New compressor head

Ignoramus25175 fired this volley in
:

Joke taken, but I paid $40 for my 160 gallon tank. It had a huge,
weird mounting base, thatI scrapped and got my money back.

They come and they go. I got one that was never used, hot-dip galvanized
_inside_ as well as out (including the threaded fittings, which had to be
chased), and 100-gallons, just for the hauling. The woman who had the
facility just "wanted it out". I didn't even know they galvanized them on
the insides.

You just have to keep your eyes out. What goes to the scrap yard
_becomes_ scrap very shortly after, even if they don't crush it. You've
got to stop it before it gets there.

Lloyd