Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New compressor head

"Steve W." fired this volley in news:lm8b52$c2i$1
@dont-email.me:

500 gallons pfft... The Amish farm up the road has 3, 1000 gallon air
tanks on the roof of the powerhouse.

yeah! (despite the fact that they eschew grid power, they still use
electricity, now don't they? G)

In Cat Lo (RVN), they had four 12V71-powered scroll compressors running
the sandblasting shop where they stripped Swift Boats for re-painting.
There must've been at least 10K gallons of vertical storage tanks outside
that tin barn. BIG suckers... 5' in diameter, 20' tall. They looked
like silos. I think I recall them being 3K or 4K gallons each.

When it came time to repaint a boat, the crew got to be the new grit-
masters! G They didn't let us do the actual painting, but they sure
did like to pawn off the sandblasting job. Bad choice in some cases,
because a lot of guys would blow holes in the skin, WHICH then required
the weldor to come in, etc, etc. And who knows how many thin spots they
left? G

I can remember those guns, and they must've had 2" nozzles!

Lloyd