Sprog

Default Newbie question

See if there are any woodturning clubs in your area, you will get as much help
and advice as you ask for.

"moggy" wrote:

Hi, I am in the UK. wood turning is something that I have dreamt of doing
for many years. Finally I have decided that the only thing that is stopping
me from doing it is me. I would like to turn bowls mainly.
OK, I am clueless, I have had a look on ebay and there are lathes for sale
there. the things is what do I look for in a lathe?
Also chisels, any hints there?
And how do you teach yourself, it it purely trial and error or are there
some good books or courses out there.
Sorry for the obviousl questions, but I couldn't see a FAQ