Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
ABLE1[_2_] ABLE1[_2_] is offline

Default Where can I get small quantity.?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Where can I get small quantity of this...

http://tinyurl.com/k4et3ry

...Jim Thompson

Jim,

Depending on your quantity needed and for the price of the stuff it would
serve the same purpose to go to HD plumbing dept. and purchase a few feet of
1/4" or 3/8" Poly Tubing. Cost about $3.00 - $5.00 for 25 feet. Take a
razor knife and slit the tubing length wise. Wrap in and around the
knock-out hole and cut to length. It will do virtually the same thing
except for having the cute little notches around the perimeter. If
necessary a few nick with the knife will help clear the bend.

If you have major quantity a jig can be made with the blade inside so that
the tubing can be pushed through to start. Then continue to pull through to
make the length wise slit. I was involved back in mid 70's designing the
tool to make the spiral wrap stuff as well as longitudinal slitting of the
tubing. It was much faster while it was extruded than doing it by hand.
Depending on your needs it would work.

Good luck!!

Les