Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default Where can I get small quantity.?

Where can I get small quantity of this...

http://tinyurl.com/k4et3ry

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

#BringBackOurBalls
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 26 May 2014 12:16:08 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Where can I get small quantity of this...

http://tinyurl.com/k4et3ry

I've bought grommet edging at places like Home Depot.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Where can I get small quantity of this...

http://tinyurl.com/k4et3ry

...Jim Thompson

---
Looks like they make 12" lengths of it and you can find a dealer at:

http://www.panduit.com/wcs/Satellite...e=PG_Wrapper#2

John Fields
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Where can I get small quantity of this...

http://tinyurl.com/k4et3ry

...Jim Thompson

Jim,

Depending on your quantity needed and for the price of the stuff it would
serve the same purpose to go to HD plumbing dept. and purchase a few feet of
1/4" or 3/8" Poly Tubing. Cost about $3.00 - $5.00 for 25 feet. Take a
razor knife and slit the tubing length wise. Wrap in and around the
knock-out hole and cut to length. It will do virtually the same thing
except for having the cute little notches around the perimeter. If
necessary a few nick with the knife will help clear the bend.

If you have major quantity a jig can be made with the blade inside so that
the tubing can be pushed through to start. Then continue to pull through to
make the length wise slit. I was involved back in mid 70's designing the
tool to make the spiral wrap stuff as well as longitudinal slitting of the
tubing. It was much faster while it was extruded than doing it by hand.
Depending on your needs it would work.

Good luck!!

Les

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 26 May 2014 17:38:28 -0400, "ABLE1"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
[...]

I'm going with Lasse' solution for now... some slitted insulation. But
I think I'll buy a roll of the stuff for the future... seems like good
stuff to have around.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |

#BringBackOurBalls

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Where can I get small quantity of this...
http://tinyurl.com/k4et3ry
...Jim Thompson

eBay, of course.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nylon+grommet+strip

Don't use the white variety outdoors, as the nylon will crumble after
too much UV exposure. If you can find the black carbon filled
variety, get that instead.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Mon, 26 May 2014 14:46:57 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 26 May 2014 17:38:28 -0400, "ABLE1"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
[...]

If you want to buy a roll, DigiKey sells it. It's not cheap, though.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Jim Thompson scribbled thus:

On Mon, 26 May 2014 17:38:28 -0400, "ABLE1"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
[...]

If its any help, I use 6 mm aquarium air line. I have used the outer
jacket from RG58/9 co-ax in the past.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.