Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2-pin plug supplied

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Many isolated shaver sockets actually have an internal switch so they
are only powered when something is plugged in.

I never saw one which wasn't switched by the socket shutters.

I doubt one which is part of a
light has the same - if it only worked when the light is on.

Ones on lights may or may not have an isolating transformer.
Only those with isolating transformers can be installed in rooms
with a bath or shower.

I was obviously referring to the type with a transformer in the part of my
post you snipped. ;-)

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.