Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2-pin plug supplied

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
My bathroom light was like that, as supplied. So I re-engineered it to
power the transformer from the incoming live rather than the switched
live. Why don't you do the same? This *is* a DIY group!

[I have put a warning label on the socket to the effect that it's live
even when the light is switched off].

Many isolated shaver sockets actually have an internal switch so they are
only powered when something is plugged in.

I never saw one which wasn't switched by the socket shutters.

I doubt one which is part of a
light has the same - if it only worked when the light is on.

Ones on lights may or may not have an isolating transformer.
Only those with isolating transformers can be installed in rooms
with a bath or shower.

--
Andrew Gabriel