william_b_noble

Default advisability of using a mobile base with a lathe ...

a nova 3000 is not that big and it won't spin really big stuff - if you set
up a lever arm system that raises the lathe up on wheels for movement and
then drops it onto it's feet when you are done, there is no problem - you
can buy these comercially or make your own.

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

I'm outfitting a new shop, which will include my Nova 3000.
The shop is medium sized, so I'm putting every machine I can onto
a mobile base (bandsaw, tablesaw, jointer, etc). I'm considering
mounting the lathe on a mobile base with lacking casters. I'm
seeking advice, Should I --

a) forget the idea entirely, and mount the lathe to a really stable
base;

b) put the lathe stand on a god-quality (= 1200 pound capacity)
mobile base;

c) do (b), but also set it up so that I have the
stand immobilized on something like elevator bolts when not
being moved.

Advice appreciated --

--Andy BArss