Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default 2-pin plug supplied

In article ,
bert ] wrote:
Tooth brushes like razors seem to always come with two pin 'shaver
plugs. Essential when they were mains - but rather strange when they
are re-chargeable. My shaver socket is only live when the bathroom
lights are on. But even if it weren't, it's a silly place to re-charge
a razor, etc.

In what way is it silly given that is where I use the said shaver and
toothbrush.

If it is mains operated. you have no choice but to power it from a special
socket in the bathroom. If it is rechargeable, it can be plugged in
somewhere rather safer.

How much safer is a bedroom than a bathroom for charging? Do we have
figures for deaths from shaver chargers in bathrooms and "other rooms"
for comparison? I would not be at all surprised if the figures were both
zero for almost any chosen year.

It is very often more convenient to charge in the bathroom.

--
Rod