Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default 2-pin plug supplied

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Davey wrote:
I just bought a new electric toothbrush, one of the Oral-B ones, pretty
much universally available.
Tesco wanted £35, Morrisons wanted £17.50 for the exact same model, so
that's where we bought it.
But when unpacked, (after much fighting and cussing) it only has a 2-pin
plug, which would be fine if we had one of those bathroom 120v
transformer/sockets, but we don't. As it happens, I have lots of
suitable 3pin-to-2pin adaptors. But is the supplier (Morrisons, who
probably have no idea what they sell) not obliged to supply a UK-ready
device? I think I saw something about this recently, but can't remember
where, nor the outcome.

Tooth brushes like razors seem to always come with two pin 'shaver plugs.
Essential when they were mains - but rather strange when they are
re-chargeable. My shaver socket is only live when the bathroom lights are
on. But even if it weren't, it's a silly place to re-charge a razor, etc.

In what way is it silly given that is where I use the said shaver and
toothbrush.
--
bert