Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2-pin plug supplied

On 25/05/2014 11:20, Davey wrote:

Nor would I. There is a convenient socket just outside the bathroom,
which is perfect, but it's the principle that surprises me. But of
course, it's a lot cheaper to just fit a simple fuse-less 2-pin plug
rather than a spec. UK fused 3-pin one.
As I mentioned, I do have several adaptors, but that's by luck, not
design. What if I had none? Would the seller be required to give me one,
and if not, why not? I purchased an appliance, in the UK, for use in a
UK household, and it does not work as purchased.

As others have said, the most likely use is in the bathroom, using a
shaver socket. If if came fitted with a 13A 3-pin plug, you wouldn't be
able to do that. But, the way it is, you *can* use it in a 13A socket
outside the bathroom by using an adaptor - albeit not supplied with it.
--
Cheers,
Roger