Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default 2-pin plug supplied

On Sun, 25 May 2014 11:01:20 +0100
GB wrote:

On 25/05/2014 10:30, Davey wrote:

But I don't have a bathroom shaver socket, so what am I supposed to
do?

You can use an adapter, but can I suggest charging the toothbrush
outside the bathroom. I certainly would not run an extension flex
into the bathroom.

Nor would I. There is a convenient socket just outside the bathroom,
which is perfect, but it's the principle that surprises me. But of
course, it's a lot cheaper to just fit a simple fuse-less 2-pin plug
rather than a spec. UK fused 3-pin one.
As I mentioned, I do have several adaptors, but that's by luck, not
design. What if I had none? Would the seller be required to give me one,
and if not, why not? I purchased an appliance, in the UK, for use in a
UK household, and it does not work as purchased.

--
Davey.