Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Spontaneous shattering of double glazed panels

On Sat, 24 May 2014 12:10:36 +0100
Capitol wrote:

Davey wrote:
On Sat, 24 May 2014 11:35:44 +0100
wrote:

Davey wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2014 13:27:11 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

On Friday, May 23, 2014 2:34:13 PM UTC+1, Johny B Good wrote:
On Thu, 22 May 2014 19:20:46 +0100,

wrote:

====snip====

A colleague of mine in the US once had a similar event while
crossing

the high bridge where the Interstate crosses the Rouge River
outside

Detroit, but the cause was a large piece of metal that came in
through

the back window, and landed behind his passenger seat. The
puzzle was

how it got there at all, he was high above ground level, and
there were

no lorries anywhere near him at the time.

trucks--- for the benefit of any confused americans

--

Regards, J B Good

A bit of the bridge?

Jonathan

Possible. Michigan bridges were notoriously badly maintained. It
was many years ago now, so I doubt we'll ever know.

In my case, it was whilst driving through Mississippi,
there was a hell of a bang and I discovered that a plastic trim
piece behind the rear door had gained a starred decoration. I put
it down to a stray bullet from a hunter as the area was forested.
Luckily it didn't hit any glass.

In Mississippi, it could as easily have been somebody doing moving
target practice!

Oh, sorry, that's Detroit....

Or Houston!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1n37eg-lFI